When will my AutoFile return be filed?
Our system currently begins processing returns on the 1st day of the month the return is due. Though we can't predict in advance the exact date your return will be filed, we guarantee that if you are enrolled in our AutoFile service, your return will be submitted and confirmed by the state's due date.
- You will not be able to choose the date that your return is AutoFiled or the date that your account is debited by the state.
- You'll also receive an email notification on the first when your AutoFile return begins processing and at that time, it will be marked as Filing Soon on your account's AutoFile Dashboard.
- Once you receive this email, you'll need to make sure that you add all additional sales data into TaxJar and make sure the funds are available in your account for the state to debit.
After two days, the filing state will be marked as Ready to File, In Progress, Submitted or Complete on your account's AutoFile Dashboard, which means that no further changes will be allowed to the Report's data.*
- If you mark transactions as wholesale/exempt or categorize products in the Exemptions tab after the state's status is marked Ready to File, In Progress, Submitted or Complete on your account's AutoFile Dashboard, those changes will not be applied to returns in that status.
- If you import new transactions (via a cart connection, CSV or API) while the Filing Status is marked as Ready to File, In Progress, Submitted or Complete on your account's AutoFile Dashboard, those additional transactions will not be included in any return in that is Ready to File, In Progress, Submitted or Complete on that Dashboard. Those transactions will be included in the return for the next filing period, but will not be included in the current return.
- The state will typically debit your bank account when the Filing Status is marked Ready to file, In Progress, Submitted or Complete on your account's AutoFile Dashboard, but because the debit is controlled by the state's DOR, we cannot predict the date they will withdraw the funds from your account.
- If funds are not available when the state attempts to debit your account, you will receive a nonpayment notice from the state and you will need to contact the state directly to make arrangements for a new debit attempt.
* If you see a status of "Issue" on your AutoFile Dashboard, please reach out to TaxJar Support for more detail regarding your return.