How much does AutoFile Cost?
Pricing is based on the type of TaxJar subscription (Annual vs. Monthly) and the volume of AutoFiles per year.
AutoFile is a separate charge in addition to your TaxJar subscription fees and the price per return varies depending on the type of TaxJar subscription you have (Annual vs. Monthly) and the volume of AutoFile returns you purchase.
- If you have a Monthly TaxJar subscription, the price for AutoFile is $25 per return.
- If you have purchased an Annual TaxJar subscription, you will automatically receive AutoFile at a discounted price of $20 per return.
- Annual subscribers also have the ability to purchase sets of prepaid AutoFile Credits* at an additional discount. (See the full pricing chart below.)
*Please Note: AutoFile Credits are non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why should I upgrade to a TaxJar annual plan?
- A few reasons...
- 10% OFF your total TaxJar subscription price and lock in your TaxJar pricing for all of 2018
- Ability to continue using AutoFile at the same price as 2017 ($20 per filing)
- Access to purchase one our new high-volume AutoFile bundles (for discounts up to 63% OFF)
- Guarantee your AutoFile costs into 2018 and beyond. Buy a pack of 10, 50, or 100 AutoFile credits and use it over as many years as you’d like.
- A few reasons...
- Can I purchase one of the high-volume AutoFile bundles if I’m on a monthly TaxJar plan?
- No; at this time AutoFile discounts are only available to Annual TaxJar subscribers.
- Can I get a refund on credits?
- No; AutoFile credits are non-refundable.
- Will my AutoFile credits expire?
- Never. We will honor your AutoFile credits as long as you are a paying customer with TaxJar.
- If you’d like to purchase more than one year’s credits today to lock in the low AutoFile pricing for the next few years - go for it!
- What happens to my credits if I cancel my TaxJar subscription
- The prepaid credits are non-refundable. You will not be able to receive a refund for any unused credits at the time of cancellation.
- What if I have never tried AutoFile before?
- No problem. Your first filing is always FREE so you’ll start your account with (1) free AutoFile to give it a try! If you need help enrolling, check out the instructions here.
- Can I upgrade to an annual plan at any time?
- Of course! If you’re not sure if you’re ready to commit to an annual plan right now, you’re welcome to stay on a monthly TaxJar plan for as long as you’d like. When you feel the time is right, you can upgrade to the annual plan anytime during the year to receive your subscription plan discounts and reduced AutoFile pricing.
- What if I am currently on an annual plan and filing 10+ filings a year. Will you automatically charge me the lowest pricing on my filings?
- At this time you will need to opt-in to the high-volume bundles for it to take effect in your account. The filing bundles must be prepaid and are not available for 'pay as you go' users. If you continue use AutoFile via ‘pay as you go’ then you will be charged the standard TaxJar annual subscriber pricing of $20 per filing.
- What happens if I downgrade my plan from annual to monthly after purchasing AutoFile discounts?
- If you change your plan to monthly from annual, you will be able to use your AutoFIle discounts as long as you are a paying subscriber to TaxJar. You will not be able to purchase any additional filing bundles, but you will not forfeit your current AutoFiles if you remain an active customer. Any additional AutoFIles will be charged to you at the $25 monthly subscriber AutoFile price.