What carts are supported in the Exemptions tab?
If you sell products with special tax rates or exemptions (such as Groceries, Supplements, Clothing, etc.), TaxJar supports classifying these products for sellers using the TaxJar API, and these integrations: Amazon, BigCommerce, eBay, Etsy, QuickBooks Online, Shopify, Squarespace and Walmart.
We may not support product taxability for all your Linked Accounts.
- As of June 1, 2019, we currently support this feature for these carts:
Amazon, BigCommerce, eBay, Etsy, QuickBooks Online, Shopify, Squarespace and Walmart and the TaxJar API.
- If you have a combination of one or more unsupported carts connected to your TaxJar account not listed above, you will not be able to use this feature until we support exemption categorization for all carts you have Linked to TaxJar.
- If you'd like to be notified as we add product categorization support for additional carts, please contact TaxJar Support!
How do I know if my Linked Accounts support product taxability?
You will need to first determine if you have a combination of unsupported carts currently connected.
If you have at least one unsupported cart, you will see this message when accessing your Exemptions page:
If all of my Linked Accounts are supported, how do I begin categorizing my products?
Once you categorize your products, we will pull in your product tax data to classify your products by their proper product tax code.
- This process allows you to review and approve the tax categories so that we can update your TaxJar Reports.
Which product categories are supported?
- We support the categorizing your items into the Product Tax Categories shown here.
Please note, your plan may require you to upgrade to a Professional subscription in order to categorize your products. If you're interested in categorizing your products, we recommend scheduling a demo with our Sales team to ensure you’re subscribed to the correct plan.