How to pause my AutoFile return?
If you're successfully enrolled in our AutoFile service, you can pause or request to skip filing your Sales Tax Return from your AutoFile Dashboard.
In this article, we show you how to submit a request to:
- Pause to review, add, or edit data
- Pause to submit a request to delete data or remove duplicates
- Pause to request TaxJar AutoFile skip filing on your behalf this month
- Next steps after requesting to pause your AutoFile
Here's how to pause your AutoFile:
- Log in to your TaxJar account and click the AutoFile tab to access your AutoFile Dashboard.
- Click Pause an AutoFile
Check the state(s) that you want to pause or skip AutoFile(s) and select the reason.
- 🚫 Requests to pause or skip are unavailable for AutoFiles that are in progress or submitted.
- Our system will resume filing your sales tax returns per the expiration date and time.
- Please note, the expiration date and time cannot be extended.
2. If you need data or duplicates deleted, you will need to specify the exact data.
- ❗️ Please be as detailed as possible!
3. If you select, "I do not want TaxJar to file for me this month" you are requesting that our AutoFile team skip filing your Sales Tax Return for the current filing period.
- 🚨Please provide a reason why you do not want TaxJar to AutoFile your Return.
Requests to skip an AutoFile are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the TaxJar team.
- Please note, although you will receive an immediate confirmation that your request was submitted, this is a confirmation that your Pause Request has been received and the request to skip filing your Sales Tax Return for that state is now under review.
- To be clear, a member of our support team needs to review your request and will respond via email within 24 hours to let you know if we are able to successfully skip your filing.
- Your AutoFile return is still scheduled to be filed until you receive this additional approval email from the TaxJar team.
What happens next?
1. If you're simply pausing to review, add or edit data, your AutoFile will automatically resume by the indicated expiration date and time.
2. If you're requesting to have data deleted, our support team will confirm when your data has been removed and notify you that your Filings have been resumed.
3. If you're requesting to skip an AutoFile, please expect our team to contact you further.