I need to update my AutoFile bank account
If you are enrolled in AutoFile, the taxes owed to the states are debited from your bank account by the state's DOR, so it's important to make sure that you provide the correct bank account and routing number in your AutoFile enrollment form.
- You will not be able to choose the date that your return is AutoFiled or the date that your account is debited.
When your return is AutoFiled, your bank account and routing number will be sent directly to the state.
- The DOR will then debit your account for the payment due.
- If the state is not able to debit your account, the DOR will notify you directly.
- The state may send a non-payment notice by mail, or they may call, email, or post an electronic non-payment notice in your state efile account.
- To make sure the state receives your payment, you will need to contact the state directly to make arrangements for a new debit attempt.
To prevent payment issues moving forward, you should update the bank account details in your AutoFile enrollment form:
- Please note that a single bank account is supported for all AutoFile enrollments in your account. Updating your bank account for one enrollment will apply to all states where you are enrolled in AutoFile.
- You can review your current account and routing number by clicking the 'change' link under the state name in your Dashboard. From there, click the 'Change AutoFile Settings' link on the next page.
- If you need to make a change to your bank account or routing number for AutoFile, you can do this by editing the bank details section of your AutoFile Dashboard page. Currently member users do not have access to update the banking information for AutoFile.