Users & Roles: Permissions
When you invite a member to your account, you'll be able to choose the user's Role, which will determine the permissions and access level for that user:
Current Supported User Roles:
- The Administrator has full access to everything in the TaxJar account, including all items in the Top Navigation Bar:
- The Administrator also has access to all items in the account sidebar pictured below:
*Only the account owner is able to edit and/or delete manual payments recorded in the Filing History, even when an Administrator created the manual payment.
The Member will have access to all items in the top navigation bar in the account:
- Members can view the Dashboard and the YTD Detailed Sales Tax Analysis
- Review the Economic Nexus Insights dashboard to monitor current economic nexus thresholds
- View & export XLS versions of state sales tax Reports
- View the Transactions page and request CSV exports of sales data from the Transactions page (export notification emails will be sent to the account Administrator's email address.)
- View and manage details in the Exemptions tab
- View current AutoFile enrollments and update AutoFile banking details from the AutoFile page in the top navigation bar
What are Members not able to do?
- Members added by the Administrator do not have permission to manage (add or remove) Users
- Members do not have permission to access or change the Administrator's password
- Members do not have permission to view or change the account's Notification Preferences
- Members do not have permission to view or alter the account's State Settings
- Members do not have permission to access Linked Accounts or connect carts
- Members do not have permission to enroll in AutoFile or purchase AutoFile Credits
- Members do not have permission to view or create API tokens
- Members do not have permission to view or edit billing details in the Plan & Billing page of the account.
- Members do not have permission to import CSV data