Which carts' transactions are currently denoted as Marketplace Facilitator Collected Sales in TaxJar Reports?
TaxJar currently supports denoting sales as Marketplace Collected for the following carts:
- As we mention here, our system will also recognize Marketplace Facilitator collected sales uploaded via CSV if the name of the cart in the "provider" column of your CSV file matches: 'amazon', 'etsy', 'walmart' or 'ebay' for one of the states listed below.
- Our system supports denoting Amazon, eBay, Etsy and Walmart sales submitted through our SmartCalcs API as Marketplace Exempt via new
- 🚫Our system does not support denoting sales as Marketplace Exempt for transactions for any cart/provider not listed above.
How can I tell if a transaction is denoted as a Marketplace Facilitator sale?
- You'll see "Marketplace" in the Exemption column for the row per transaction on your Transactions page. (See image below.)
When does TaxJar update my Reports to account for these sales as collected as Marketplace Facilitators begin collecting in new states?
Your TaxJar Sales Tax Reports will be updated early in the following month after the effective date to specifically reflect sales that had tax collected and remitted by Marketplaces that are supported as Marketplace Facilitators in TaxJar Reports.
- For example, if the effective date is July 1, 2019, then your Reports will be updated within the first week of August 2019 (when monthly returns are due).
- If you have never set up a filing frequency for Kentucky in your account's State Settings, our system will default the state to a monthly frequency and due date on your Dashboard after we see tax collected there. (We default to a monthly frequency and due date if you haven't yet adjusted any frequencies on your end, but the state itself would ultimately determine your exact filing frequency.)
The currently supported Marketplace Facilitator collected states and their effective dates by cart in TaxJar Reports are:
**Please click here to view in full.
|District of Columbia||4/1/2019||4/1/2019||5/1/2019||4/1/2019|
*Indicates a future effective date.
More states will be added here as Marketplace Facilitators begin collecting in new states.
- For more detail about upcoming states, please see the articles here.