What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Hawaii?
To enroll in AutoFile for Hawaii, you'll need the details listed below:
Hawaii AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Hawaii Department of Taxation.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my State Tax ID?
- This is the license number for your General Excise/Use and County Surcharge Tax (GE) account.
- We show you how to locate this detail here.
What's my Letter ID?
- This is a unique identification credential for your GE account.
- We show you how to locate this here.
Is there anything else I need?
- The earlier you enroll in AutoFile for Hawaii, the better!
- TaxJar won't be able to AutoFile your Hawaii returns until after you approve access for TaxJar in your Hawaii Tax Online account. Part of this process involves waiting for the DOT to mail you a letter that contains codes you'll need to approve access.
- We outline this process here.