Hawaii: What is my Letter ID?
The Hawaii Letter ID:
This is a unique identification credential that Hawaii's Department of Taxation issues to license holders.
This detail begins with the letter "L" and you can find it listed on any correspondence you receive from Hawaii's DOR. (Some examples of correspondence where you may see this are:
- Your "Welcome" registration letter
- An HTML verification letter
- A letter in the "Alerts" or "Correspondence" section of your Hawaii Tax Online Account.
- The state will not allow the License Letter to be used in place of your Letter ID.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state directly to ask them to locate this detail for your account. Please note that if you call to request this detail, for security purposes, the state will only provide this information to the person who's name is directly connected to the account ownership. (We list contact details for each state's DOR here.)