What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Virginia?
To enroll in AutoFile for Virginia, you'll need the details listed below:
Virginia AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my Virginia State Tax ID?
- This is the state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- The formatting for this ID is 11 digits, followed by the letter "F," followed by 3 more digits. (Example: 12345678901F123)
- The Tax ID will begin with either 10 or 12 depending on your registration. (Before enrolling in AutoFile for Virginia, you'll need to verify that your registration number properly reflects your status as an in state or out of state seller.)
What's my State Login and State Passcode?
- We explain how to locate your VA Business iFile User ID and Password here.
What else do I need to know?
- If you have physical Nexus in Virginia, your Virginia Nexus Address needs to match the address in your "Sales Tax Physical Address" of your Business Profile settings within your Virginia state account.
- If you don't have physical Nexus in Virginia, please leave the address field for Virginia blank in your TaxJar State Settings as you do not have a physical location registered in your Virginia state account.
- During the enrollment process, our team will add TaxJar as an assigned tax preparer for your state tax account. Virginia only allows one filer to be designated, at this time. If you have previously assigned another preparer in your Virginia tax account, please remove them before submitting your AutoFile enrollment form.
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Virginia Department of Taxation.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing Period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.