Virginia: What is my State Login and State Passcode?
The Virginia State Login and State Passcode:
These are the details used to login to your Business iFile account at the Virginia Tax website.
- The User ID and Password you provide for AutoFile should be associated with your Virginia Account Number* for Sales Tax or Sales and Use tax. This username and password should not be associated with other types of tax accounts with the state of Virginia.
- Your Business iFile User ID = State Login in the Virginia AutoFile enrollment form
- Your Business iFile Password = State Passcode in the Virginia AutoFile enrollment form
- If you have not yet registered your business with the state, you'll need to click the link on VA's website (see below) that says "Are you a new Business? Register Here" to register your business and enroll in Business iFile prior to enrolling in AutoFile.
- If you have registered your business but you have not yet set up your iFile User ID and Password, you'll need to click the link on VA's website (see below) that says "Enroll in Business iFile to establish your User ID and Password" prior to enrolling in AutoFile.
How do I find my Virginia Account Number?
*In Virginia, your Account Number is your FEIN prepended with either a 10 or a 12. You can can find this number by logging into your Business iFile account and clicking "File/Pay" under the "File and/or Pay Tax Returns and Payments Section."
- If your account number begins with 12, you'll see this when you click "File/Pay":
- If your account number begins with 10 and you're registered with the state as an ST-9 Single Locality Filer, you'll see this when you click "File/Pay":