What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Texas?
To enroll in AutoFile for Texas, you'll need the details listed below:
Texas AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Texas DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing Period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my Texas Taxpayer Number?
- This is the sales tax account number provided to you by the Texas Comptroller's office when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
- It's 11 digits and will begin with either a "1" or "3."
- 🎥 The state of Texas also has a video that shows you how to locate this detail here.
What's my WebFile Number?
- This is an 8 character ID that you need to access the state's WebFile service.
- According to the state, it begins with two letters and ends with six numbers. (Example: RT123456.)
- The state says this detail is listed on most notices they send to you, but you can also contact them at (800) 442-3453 to locate this number at any time.
- Please note that Sales Tax WebFile numbers begin with RT, while Franchise Tax numbers begin with XT, so please make sure you enroll in AutoFile with the WebFile number that begins with RT. (See more details about this here.)
What is the Single Local Tax Rate (SLTR)?
- The Single Local Tax Rate (SLTR) is an optional, alternative local tax rate that remote sellers can elect to use.
- The SLTR is often lower than standard list filing rate, and can change from year to year.
- You can review the list of approved STLR vendors, here.
Is there anything else I need?