What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for California?

Enroll in California AutoFile

To enroll in AutoFile for California, you'll need the details listed below:

California AutoFile Enrollment FAQ

What's my CDTFA Third Party Access Security Code?

  • This is the security code you'll receive in the mail after you complete the enrollment form and TaxJar requests 3rd party access to your CA efile account.
  • This code takes 7-10 days to receive by postal mail.
  • You'll need this code to approve TaxJar's access to your account.
  • Please note, this is not your account owner security code.

What's my State Assigned Payment schedule?

  • This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the CDTFA
  • For California, it will either be quarterly, quarterly prepay, semi-annual, fiscal annual or annual.
  • If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the CDTFA to ask them to confirm this detail for your account. (Their contact details are here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
  • Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
  • The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.

What's my State Registered Business Name?

  • This is the name you provided to the state when you registered your business. 
  • It should be listed on your sales tax license.

What's my CA Sales & Use Tax ID?

  • This is the 8 or 9 digit Account Number the state assigned to your business. (Also known as your Account Number.)