California: How to confirm the filing frequency the CDTFA has assigned you
What is my California filing frequency?
In order to enroll in AutoFile for California, you'll need to be sure that you provide TaxJar with the correct filing frequency for your sales tax account.
If you're not sure of the exact frequency that California's CDTFA has assigned you, there are a couple of ways to quickly confirm this:
You can always find your current California BOE account status and filing details in your e-file account by doing the following:
- Login with your Username and Password on the LEFT side of the screen at the CA.gov e-file website.
- Click on "Reg" under "Manage another account."
- Click "View Prior Applications/renewals, print permits/licenses and more"
- Click your registration number under "Registration ID" and you'll see all of your current account details, such as: Account number, Express login, filing frequency and due date.
Or, you can call the CDTFA directly and they can look up this detail for your account.
- You can reach them by calling: 1-800-400-7115.