Choosing the right transaction level for your TaxJar subscription
Our monthly and annual subscription pricing for TaxJar Reports is based on your total monthly transaction volume and our plan names include the transaction levels for your subscription. (e.g., If your plan name includes '1K,' your monthly transaction limit is 1,000 transactions.)
- To avoid overage fees, we recommend that you choose the plan that best matches your usual monthly volume.
What's a transaction?
- Any tax calculation or rate lookup that we provide will count towards your monthly transaction total.
- In addition, if you have linked your ecommerce account to TaxJar, any order (a sale, refund, or return) imported from your website or shopping cart into TaxJar with one or more line items will also be counted as a transaction.
- Finally, if you import transactions via CSV, each line in the file is an individual transaction.
What happens If I exceed my plan's transaction limit?
If you go over your allotted transaction limit during a single month, we will automatically charge you based on the plan that matches your usage/transaction level that month.
- The next month you'll start back on the original plan that you subscribed to, and the process will repeat itself again.
- You will never be permanently upgraded to a higher plan, but you will see an overage fee each time you exceed your plan's monthly transaction limit.
How do I choose the right plan for my usage?
From your Dashboard, click Account in the navigation bar and then click on Plan & Billing. On this page, if you scroll down you'll see your monthly transaction volume for each month of sales data we've imported for you.
- Focus on the months that most closely match your usual transaction level and choose the subscription plan that matches that number.
- Again, if you go over your transaction limit or have seasonal spikes in sales, we'll automatically bill you for the plan that matches your transaction level during those months and the next month, you'll start back on the original plan you selected.