How do I close my business or notify the state I'm moving my business?

If you are closing your business or moving your business from one state to another,  we strongly recommend reaching out to the state first or consulting your legal counsel or a sales tax expert.

  • Although you may have moved your business from one state to another, it is possible that you will still continue to have nexus in that state. 
  • We have more information about trailing nexus in this blog post.

If you no longer have business in a state where you've previously registered for a sales tax license,  you must work with the state directly to officially close your sales tax license.  

TaxJar does not currently offer services to close your sales tax license registration.