Idaho: Third Party Access Security Code
Why do I need this code to enroll in AutoFile for Idaho?
- TaxJar needs third party access to your Idaho Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account to verify that we have all of the information we need to successfully AutoFile your Idaho Sales Tax Returns.
Why can't I complete my AutoFile enrollment if I don't have a valid third party access security code?
- In order to ensure AutoFile returns are filed in time to meet the state's due date, we must have your valid security code to file before AutoFile enrollment closes for the month.
- For security purposes, the code is sent in a postal letter that the state mails to the account owner's address on file. It can take up to 2 weeks to arrive after the state sends it out to you.
- If you attempt to enroll in AutoFile when it's likely that the mailed letter with your third party access code won't arrive before enrollment closes, you won't be able to complete your enrollment form without this detail. This means you'll need to file your returns due this month manually to ensure your account remains current with the state.
- When AutoFile enrollment opens again, you'll be able to sign up for AutoFile from your Dashboard to have TaxJar AutoFile your future Idaho returns.
I have a security code letter. How can I tell if it's the right one?
- Your 3rd party access letter will have a unique look, and will list the name TPS Unlimited. This letter will contain a security code specific to this request and will grant File & Pay access.
- The included authorization code will be long, case-sensitive, and unique.
- Here's an example of the letter you will receive:
I just received my 3rd party access code, but AutoFile enrollment is not open. How can I grant access before the code expires?
- You can email a copy or scan of your letter in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can complete the request from our end.