What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Louisiana?
To enroll in AutoFile for Louisiana, you'll need the details listed below:
Louisiana AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my License Type?
- This is the license type assigned to your business by the Louisiana DOR.
- Enrollment questions will change based on your license type.
- Before requesting enrollment in AutoFile, make sure that you've selected the correct license type in your Louisiana State Nexus Settings.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my NAICS Code?
- This is the 6 digit code used to categorize your business operations.
⚠️ Important: Many NAICS codes were updated or created in 2022. ⚠️
To ensure that you have the most up-to-date codes for your business, visit the Official NAICS website.
What's my LA State Tax ID?
- This is the 9 or 10 digit state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your state sales tax license.
What's my Registered Email Address? (Standard and Remote Seller license types only)
- For Remote Sellers and Standard license types, this will be the email that you used to create your state tax account.
- This email will be half of your login to the Parish E-File Website or Remote Sellers website,
What are my Last Payment Amount and Zip Code? (Direct Marketer license types only)
- The Last Payment Amount will be the amount paid to the state on your most recent Direct Marketer return.
- If you have not yet filed a return, enter $0.
- The Zip Code you provide should match the one on your Direct Marketer license registration.
Is there anything else I need?
- The earlier you enroll in AutoFile for Louisiana, the better! For Parish E-File and Remote Sellers, we will need to request 3rd party access to your state tax account.
- Parish E-File and Remote Sellers: TaxJar won't be able to AutoFile your Louisiana returns until after you approve access for TaxJar in your account. Part of this process involves waiting for the DOR to send you a notification e-mail that contains the directions you'll need to follow to approve TaxJar's access.
- We outline this process here.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Louisiana DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing Period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.