New York: What is my State Login and Passcode?
The New York State Login and State Passcode:
These are the details used to login to your Sales Tax Web File account at New York's Department of Taxation and Finance website.
- The Username and Password you provide for AutoFile should be associated with your New York Sales and Use Tax account number and Business Account (for sales tax) and not an individual income tax account or any other types of tax accounts with the state of New York.
- Your New York Sales Tax Web File Username = State Login in the New York AutoFile enrollment form.
- Your New York Sales Tax Web File Password = State Passcode in the New York AutoFile enrollment form.
- You'll also need to make sure you create a Business Account for the the NY Sales Tax Web File Account prior to enrolling in AutoFile.
- If you're not sure of these details for your account, you can check the registration paperwork you received, or contact the state directly to ask them to locate this detail for your account. (We list contact details for each state's DOR here.)