Address of Nexus Guidelines
When you're adding nexus states to your TaxJar account, here's what we recommend for the "Address of Nexus" in the State Settings.
State Settings Address of Nexus guidelines for non-FBA sellers:
- For Destination based states, you are not required to add an address, but it can be helpful if you have a physical address in the state.
- For Origin based states, you need to add an address--at least city and zip, so that we know where orders are originating from.
State Settings Address of Nexus guidelines for FBA Sellers:
- You should always add your home state location as the nexus address for the state where you are located.
- If you have nexus in Destination based states that are non-FBA warehouse states, you are not required to add an address for that state.
- If you have nexus in Origin based states that are non-FBA warehouse states, you should enter an address for that state--at least a city and zip.