Minnesota: How to grant TaxJar access to your Minnesota e-Services Account
After you complete the AutoFile enrollment form, you'll see a "Pending" status on your Dashboard, which means our Filing Team needs to review all of the details you submitted to verify that everything is accurate.
- This review typically is complete within 7 business days.
My Minnesota AutoFile enrollment has been Pending for longer than 7 days. Why?
Minnesota enrollments may remain in a "Pending" state a bit longer than other state enrollments because we also need to request 3rd party access to your Minnesota Tax Account in order to AutoFile your returns.
- Minnesota's Department of Revenue will send you a notice that contains the details you'll use to grant TaxJar access to file your returns. After our team initiates the request to file your returns with the state, you'll receive the following email from TaxJar:
What happens next?
Be on the lookout for a notice from the state. It should come via email to the contact address you provided in your registration details. Once you receive that notice, please:
Log in to your Minnesota e-Services account
From your homepage, select Manage my profile
Select Set up access with another business
Select Approve or Deny pending 3rd Party Access request to your account(s)
Using the Access Allowed drop-down menu, choose Yes.
From the Access Type drop-down menu select All Access and click Next.
- Review the Request Summary page and Submit.
You can find additional information on the state website, here.
How can I know when I'm successfully enrolled in AutoFile for Minnesota?
After you re-save your enrollment form, our Filing Team will check to verify that we have the full access needed to file on your behalf.
- Once the access is confirmed on our end, you'll receive an email notification that you have been successfully enrolled and this letter will confirm the filing period for the first Minnesota return TaxJar will AutoFile for you.
Can TaxJar AutoFile my Minnesota returns before I'm successfully enrolled?
We won't be able to AutoFile returns on your behalf until after you are successfully enrolled in AutoFile for any state. For Minnesota, this means we are not able to AutoFile returns for you until we have 3rd party access to your Minnesota e-Services account.
- We won't be able to file your Minnesota return if we are not able to verify that we have 3rd party access to your account by 5pm EST on the 10th day of the month your return is due.
- If your enrollment is still Pending after 5pm EST on the 10th day of the month your return is due, you will need to file that month's return manually.