What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for New Mexico?
To enroll in AutoFile for New Mexico, you'll need the details listed below:
New Mexico AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your tax license.
- It should be listed on your tax registration paperwork.
What's my NM State Tax ID?
- This is the 11 digit state certificate number you receive from the state when you register as a sales tax vendor.
What's my Letter ID?
- This is a unique number printed on all correspondence from the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department (located in the top right). It begins with an L.
- Example: L9999999999
Is there anything else I need?
- A signed Tax Information Authorization form is required by the New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue before TaxJar can AutoFile your New Mexico tax returns.
- This form will be provided to you by TaxJar via HelloSign during the enrollment verification process.