What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for New Jersey?
To enroll in AutoFile for New Jersey, you'll need the details listed below:New Jersey AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the New Jersey Division of Taxation.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing Period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork, as well as in your New Jersey Department of Taxation account.
What's my NJ State Taxpayer ID?
- This is the 12 digit state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- We explain this in more detail here.
What's my State PIN?
- This is a 4 digit PIN that is issued by the state. According to the state, it will be printed on your Welcome letter you receive after you register.
- If you don't have a PIN, click here to learn more.