What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Maryland?
To enroll in AutoFile for Maryland, you'll need the details listed below:
Maryland AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my MD State Tax ID?
- This is the 8 digit (no dashes) state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
What's my State Login and State Passcode?
- These are your LogonID and Password used to gain access to your Comptroller of Maryland bFile account here.
- We have more details about these credentials here.
What is a Marketplace Facilitator?
- Learn more about Marketplace Facilitators, here.
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Maryland DOR.
- New accounts are set up on a quarterly basis, but may be changed to monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual based on your returns.
- You will receive advance notice from the Comptroller’s office if there is any change in your filing frequency.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.