What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Indiana?
To enroll in AutoFile for Indiana, you'll need the details listed below:
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my IN State Tax ID?
- This is the 10-digit taxpayer ID or certificate number that you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- You will enter this number into your enrollment form without dashes.
What's my Location ID?
- This is optional. If you have multiple locations, please provide the 3-digit Location ID
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Indiana DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my Sales Tax Account Number?
- This begins with RST- and is followed by the 10-digit number assigned to you by the state.
- This is specific to your sales tax account.
What are my State Login and State Passcode?
As of September 2020, Indiana is now using the new website INtime - Indiana Taxpayer Information Management Engine. TaxJar will be using a third party processing account to file and pay in this state.