What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Iowa?
To enroll in AutoFile for Iowa, you'll need the details listed below:
Iowa AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Iowa DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my State Tax ID?
- This is the 9 digit state certificate or registration ID that state gave you when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be entered in the Iowa AutoFile enrollment form without any dashes.
What's my Business E-File Number (BEN)?
- We explain this in detail here.
What's my State User ID and State Web Password?
- We have more detail about this here.