What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Iowa?
To enroll in AutoFile for Iowa, you'll need the details listed below:Iowa AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Iowa State Tax Commission.
- If you're not absolutely certain of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the state, here.
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork. This will also be visible in your Iowa Department of Revenue eFile account.
What's my IA Account Type?
- This is where you indicate whether you've registered for a sales tax license or a retail use tax license.
- If you are unsure of your account type, contact the Iowa DOR at 800-367-3388.
What's my IA State Tax ID?
- This is the 9 digit state certificate or registration ID that state gave you when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be entered in the Iowa AutoFile enrollment form without any dashes.
What's my Business E-File Number (BEN)?
- We explain this in detail here.
What's my State User ID and State Web Password?
- We have more detail about this here.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- If your Iowa sales tax account is very new, it can be difficult to identify your filing frequency.
- To speed up your enrollment, please verify this information prior to submitting your enrollment form.