Does TaxJar collect sales tax for me?
TaxJar helps you ensure you're collecting the proper amount of sales tax on your orders by offering Reporting and Calculation services.
- TaxJar does not collect and hold the sales tax for you (for example, in a special holding account).
If you sell on WooCommerce, Magento, BigCommerce, Ecwid, NetSuite*, or you've built a custom integration, our SmartCalcs API will automatically calculate the sales tax you should collect for states you've enabled as nexus states in your State Settings.
- WooCommerce plugin
- Magento extension
- BigCommerce integration
- Ecwid integration
- NetSuite integration (*Our NetSuite integration is available to our TaxJar Plus customers, and we have some more information on this integration here.)
- We have more information about our SmartCalcs API here in our API Reference Guide.
- Our FBA sales tax guide shows FBA sellers how to set up your Seller Central Tax Settings in your Amazon account.
- We show you how to navigate and enable Shopify's tax collection settings here.
- Walmart has some information here with tips for setting up sales tax collection. We would also recommend confirming with Walmart's support on the best setting for this in their sales tax engine.
- If you make sales via Square, this blog post shows you how to set up tax collection in your Square account.
- We have tips for setting up tax collection in your Etsy store on our blog.
- We have suggestions for setting up tax collection in eBay and PayPal as well.