Iowa: How do I cancel my Retailer's Use permit?
To cancel your Retailer's Use Tax Account:
Visit Iowa's Department of Revenue website.
- At the top of the page, select “I Need To…"
- Then from the pull-down menu, choose “Change or Cancel a Permit"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Cancel a Permit"
- And then choose to “Cancel Online” and add your information. Follow the instructions in the form to cancel your Retailer's Use Tax account.
- If you're unable to complete your cancellation online, you can click Iowa Business Tax Cancellation, 92-034 and print the pdf. You'll then need to fill out the information and mail or fax your the cancellation form to the state.