Iowa: How do I cancel my Retailer's Use permit?

To cancel your Retailer's Use Tax Account:

Visit Iowa's Department of Revenue website.

  1. At the top of the page, selectI Need To…"

  2. Then from the pull-down menu, choose Change or Cancel a Permit"
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Cancel a Permit"

  4. And then choose to “Cancel Online” and add your information. Follow the instructions in the form to cancel your Retailer's Use Tax account. 
  5. If you're unable to complete your cancellation online, you can click Iowa Business Tax Cancellation, 92-034 and print the pdf. You'll then need to fill out the information and mail or fax your the cancellation form to the state.