What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Utah?

To enroll in AutoFile for Utah, you'll need the details listed below:

Utah AutoFile Enrollment FAQ

What's my State Registered Business Name?
  • This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
  • It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my UT State Tax ID?
  • This is your state registration number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
  • The ID is 14 characters formatted with 11 numbers followed by STC.
What's my Sales Tax PIN?
  • Your 6-digit PIN was included on your sales tax licenses if it was printed on or before July 31, 2012. 
  • The state mailed your Sales Tax PIN to you in a separate letter if your account was opened after July 2012.
  • Contact the Utah State Tax Commission if you do not have your PIN.
What's my  State Assigned Payment Schedule?
  • This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Utah State Tax Commission.
  • SST registrants are assigned a "casual" filing frequency which is not currently supported. 
    • To enroll in AutoFile, casual filers will need to work with the state to change to a standard frequency, such as monthly, quarterly, or annual.
  • If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my  First Filing Period?
  • Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
  • The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.

For more information about registering for a Sales Tax Permit in Utah, click here.