What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for South Dakota?
To enroll in AutoFile for South Dakota, you'll need the details listed below:
South Dakota AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- Your filing frequency is assigned to you by the state based on the amount of sales tax you collect for the period.
- If we can not verify your state assigned payment schedule during the verification process, TaxJar may ask you to provide documentation of your filing frequency. This request would come via email after submitting your enrollment form.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my SD State Tax ID?
- This is the account ID you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license. The account ID is 8 numbers followed by 2 letters (usually ST).
What is my State Login and Password?
- This is the unique username and password you created for the South Dakota DOR website.