What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Mississippi?
To enroll in AutoFile for Mississippi, you'll need the details listed below:
Mississippi AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Mississippi DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my MS State Tax ID?
- This is the Account Number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax or use tax license.
- The state tax ID should be your paperwork you received from the state, formatted as 4 digits - 4 digits (example: 1111-1111)
What's my MS Account Type?
- This is where you indicate whether you've registered for a sales tax license or a use tax license.
- If you are unsure of your account type, contact the Mississippi DOR at 601-923-7015.
What's my Letter ID?
- Your 10 digit letter ID from correspondence you have received from the MS Department of Revenue starting with the letter L. Format: L9999999999
We have more details about these credentials and registering for a Mississippi sales tax permit here.