What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Minnesota?
To enroll in AutoFile for Minnesota, you'll need the details listed below:
Minnesota AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my Minnesota State Tax ID?
- This is your 7 digit state registration ID (without dashes)
- You received this number from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Minnesota DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What else should I know?
TaxJar will request 3rd party access to your state sales tax account following your enrollment form submission.
- You will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to approve 3rd party file and pay access.
- You need to approve access before TaxJar proceeds with your enrollment. 3rd party access is required to be enrolled in Minnesota AutoFile.
- Minnesota has an article on how to approve 3rd party access .
You can find information about registering for a Sales Tax Permit in Minnesota, here.