What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Idaho?
To enroll in AutoFile for Idaho, you'll need the details listed below:
Idaho AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax permit.
- It should be listed on your sales tax permit registration paperwork, as well as in your Idaho TAP account.
What's my State Tax ID?
- This is the permit number for your sales tax account.
- You will see this 9-digit number listed on your sales tax permit paperwork, or in your Idaho TAP account under Sales & Use Tax.
- You can also verify that your permit number is valid by going to your Idaho TAP homepage, clicking "Permit Validation," and then completing the required fields.
What's my TAP Access Code?
- TaxJar will request a 3rd party TAP access code to be sent out by the state of Idaho. This TAP code will grant the necessary access for AutoFile to file and pay on your behalf.
- For new enrollment requests, proceed with the enrollment form. We will make our request to the state, and send you an email update with the next steps.
- When you receive your TAP code in the mail, then you will need to return to this form to provide it. This is a unique identification credential and will be specific for your account.
Is there anything else I need?
- The earlier you begin the AutoFile enrollment process for Idaho, the better!
- TaxJar won't be able to AutoFile your Idaho returns until after you approve access for TaxJar. This process involves waiting for the State Tax Commission to mail you a letter containing a special TAP code, which you'll need to provide to us in order to approve 3rd party access.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Idaho State Tax Commission.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the state, here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.