What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Wisconsin?
To enroll in AutoFile for Wisconsin, you'll need the details listed below:
Wisconsin AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my WI State Tax ID?
- This is your 15 digit state registration ID (without dashes). Sales and use tax accounts normally begin with 456.
- You received this number from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
* Please note, TaxJar will attempt to gain 3rd party access to your state sales tax account following your enrollment form submission.
- If you have previously filed a return with the state, you will need to provide your most recent payment amount.
- An email will be sent to the My Tax Account primary account holder to notify you of our new account access.
- If the business owner does not have a primary My Tax Account logon, then you will receive a postal letter. No further action will need to be taken.
- 3rd party access is required for a successful AutoFile enrollment.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Wisconsin DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
For more information about registering for a Sales Tax Permit in Wisconsin, click here.