What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Massachusetts?
To enroll in AutoFile for Massachusetts, you'll need the details listed below:
Massachusetts AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my State Account ID?
- This begins with SLS, followed by an 8 digit number and ending in a 3 digit number. For example (SLS-12345678-000).
- You received this number from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Massachusetts DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
* Please note, TaxJar will request 3rd party access to your state sales tax account following your enrollment form submission.
- You need to approve access before TaxJar proceeds with your enrollment.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to approve 3rd party file and pay access
- 3rd party access is required for a successful AutoFile enrollment
- Massachusetts has a video that explains how to approve 3rd party access here.
For more information about registering for a Sales Tax Permit in Massachusetts, click here.