What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Maine?
To enroll in AutoFile for Maine, you'll need the details listed below:
Maine AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Maine DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
- If we can not verify your state assigned payment schedule during the verification process, TaxJar may ask you to provide documentation of your filing frequency. This request would come via email after submitting your enrollment form.
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my ME State Tax ID?
- This is the 7 digit (no dashes) state registration number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
What's my Business Code?
- This is the 3 digit code found on your registration certificate.
What's my Password?
- This is the password used to gain access to your Maine Revenue Services online account here.
For more information about these credentials or to learn how to register for a sales tax permit in Maine, click here.