What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for North Dakota?
To enroll in AutoFile for North Dakota, you'll need the details listed below:
North Dakota AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my ND State Tax ID?
- This is the 6 or 8 digit state certificate number (without dashes) you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
What's my Entity Type?
- This is the type of entity you registered your account with at the ND Office of State Tax Commissioner: Association, Corporation, Government, Individual, Limited Liability Co, Partnership, Sole Proprietor, Transmitter, or Trust.
- If you are unsure of your registered entity type, contact the North Dakota State Tax Commissioner at 701-328-1246.
What's my Letter ID?
- This is a unique number printed in the top right corner of all correspondence from the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner.
- This letter ID must be specific for your sales tax account and must be less than three years old.
- It begins with an L. (Format: L9999999999).
For more information about these credentials or to learn how to register for a sales tax license in North Dakota, click here.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.