What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for North Dakota?

To enroll in AutoFile for North Dakota, you'll need the details listed below:

North Dakota AutoFile Enrollment FAQ

What's my State Registered Business Name?

  • This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
  • It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.

What's my ND State Tax ID?

  • This is the 6 or 8 digit state certificate number (without dashes) you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.

What's my Entity Type?

  • This is the type of entity you registered your account with at the ND Office of State Tax Commissioner: Association, Corporation, Government, Individual, Limited Liability Co, Partnership, Sole Proprietor, Transmitter, or Trust.
  • If you are unsure of your registered entity type, contact the North Dakota State Tax Commissioner at 701-328-1246.

What's my Letter ID?

  • This is a unique number printed in the top right corner of all correspondence from the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner.
  • This letter ID must be specific for your sales tax account and must be less than three years old.
  • It begins with an L. (Format: L9999999999).

For more information about these credentials or to learn how to register for a sales tax license in North Dakota, click here.

What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?

  • This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner.
  • If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
  • Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
  • The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.