What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for West Virginia?
To enroll in AutoFile for West Virginia, you'll need the details listed below:
West Virginia AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my WV State Tax ID?
- This is the 8 digit state certificate number (without dashes) you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- This number is for your "Combined Sales and Use Tax" account
What's my State Login and State Passcode?
- This is the state username and password used to provide access to your online West Virginia tax account here.
*Please note, TaxJar will request 3rd party access to your state sales tax account following your enrollment form submission.
- You need to approve access before TaxJar proceeds with your enrollment.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to approve 3rd party file and pay access.
- 3rd party access is required for a successful AutoFile enrollment.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the West Virginia State Tax Department.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
For more information about these credentials or for information about registering for a sales tax license in West Virginia, click here.