What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for North Carolina?
To enroll in AutoFile for North Carolina, you'll need the details listed below:
North Carolina AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the North Carolina DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my NC State Tax ID?
- This is the nine digit state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
What's my Contact Name, Email Address, and Phone Number?
- These fields represent the name, email address, and phone number on file with the North Carolina DOR, used to provide eServices account access here.
For more information about these credentials or to learn how to register for a sales tax license in North Carolina, click here.