What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Tennessee?
To enroll in AutoFile for Tennessee, you'll need the details listed below:
Tennessee AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my TN State Tax ID?
- This is your state registration number that ends in SLC.
- You received it from the state when you registered for your sales tax license and should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
- SST customers would need to contact the state to request a change in license type from SST license to SLC license to enroll in AutoFile.
What's my Account Zip Code?
- This is the zip code that you used to register your business with the state (usually the main address for your business in your home state.)
What's my Letter ID?
- This is a unique number printed on all correspondence from the TN Department of Revenue. It begins with an L.
- Example: L9999999999
What's my Location ID?
- This is a 10 digit number located in your TNTAP account under the Names and Addresses sub-tab of your sales and use tax account.
- Need help locating your Location ID?
For more information about registering for a sales and use tax permit in Tennessee, click here.
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Tennessee DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.