What is address validation?
Because tax rates are based on the buyer's location, a valid buyer's address is necessary to ensure the most accurate rate for the buyer's exact location.
- When you verify and validate your customer's address, you can more accurately collect sales tax based on the correct address.
- TaxJar’s rooftop accuracy, combined with our address validation service increases the overall accuracy of tax rates used on all of your transactions.
How does it work?
TaxJar will generate a list of address matches from /v2/addresses/validate, usually one match if a full address is provided.
- The user input is optional and based on your implementation.
- If your calculations are triggered automatically by internal integrations, the first match (if available) can be used to clean up the address and add a ZIP+4 postal code prior to making a calculation.
- If an address can not be found, please flag the order to be reviewed due to a potentially bad address.
- The address validation is a separate API call, and /v2/taxes and /v2/rates will remain unchanged for performance. To see more, visit our developer site for address validation.
How do I get started?
Your TaxJar Plus team is here to help. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about address validation.