Colorado: How to grant TaxJar access in your Colorado Revenue Online account
As part of the AutoFile enrollment process for Colorado, you'll need to grant TaxJar access in your Colorado Revenue Online account.
- The state requires this step to allow TaxJar to file your returns.
- The steps may vary, depending on whether you are enrolling for the first time or updating an existing enrollment. Steps for both scenarios are below.
- Please note, you must have "Full Access" in your own Colorado Revenue Online account to approve access for TaxJar.
Here's how to do this if you have not previously granted access to TaxJar in your Colorado Revenue Online account:
1. Login to your Colorado Revenue Online account. On the upper right hand side, click on 'Manage Profile'
2. On the Manage My Profile screen, select 'More'
3. Under the Access menu, choose the option to Grant Third Party Access
4. Click Next to proceed.
5. Under Third Party Access Information, you will enter the Username TaxJar.
6. The access level will need to be File and Pay.
7. Under Periods this logon has access to, select All Periods
8. Under Select accounts to give access to, choose your Sales Tax account
9. Review and click Submit.
Updating Existing Enrollments
- Here's how to do this if you have previously granted access to TaxJar in your Colorado Revenue Online account:
1. Log into your Colorado Revenue Online account and select Manage My Profile in the upper right corner.
2. Select More
3. From the Access menu, choose Manage My Access
3) Next, choose the username "TaxJar" from the Logons section and make sure that TaxJar has the appropriate access (File and Pay) to your sales tax account.