What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Kentucky?
To enroll in AutoFile for Kentucky, you'll need the details listed below:
Kentucky AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my State Tax ID?
- This is the 9 digit state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It usually begins with three zeros and needs to be the account number associated with your sales tax account and not any other tax type you have with the state.
- It is NOT your Kentucky CBI number
What are my State Registered Email Address?
- These will be the email that you use to access your Kentucky Online Gateway account.
- You can find additional information for this, here.
- This is the 10 digit number you received from the state when you registered your business.
- You need to grant 3rd party access before TaxJar can begin your enrollment.
- 3rd party access is required for a successful AutoFile enrollment and must be granted, beforehand.
- This article walks you through granting 3rd Party Access to your KY Online Gateway account, step-by-step.
***What if I have an SST account and don't have a Kentucky One Stop account? ***
- We can still support you through AutoFile to file your returns.
- You need to provide us with your SST account number in the State Tax ID field beginning with "S"
- We also need your password for the Kentucky SST website on the enrollment form in the 'Password" field.
- We will verify your account information with the SST website and complete your enrollment without gaining 3rd party access.
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
To avoid a debit block, which ACH transfer numbers will I need to safelist with my bank?
- ACH numbers to whitelist are: 1522077581 and 9006402001
- You can confirm the most up-to-date information, here.