What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Kentucky?
To enroll in AutoFile for Kentucky, you'll need the details listed below:
Kentucky AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my State Assigned Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and ask them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my First Filing Period?
- Pending successful verification, the period listed here is the estimated first filing period TaxJar will file.
- The First Filing period is based on the date the enrollment form is saved and the payment schedule.
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my State Tax ID?
- This is the 9 digit state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It usually begins with three zeros and needs to be the account number associated with your sales tax account and not any other tax type you have with the state.
- It is NOT your Kentucky CBI number
What are my State Registered Email Address and Password?
- These will be the email and password that you use to access your Kentucky Online Gateway account.
- You can find additional information for this, here.
What's my CBI number?
- This is the 10 digit number you received from the state when you registered your business.
* Please note, you will need to grant TaxJar 3rd party access to your state sales tax account prior to submitting your Kentucky AutoFile enrollment form.
- You need to grant 3rd party access before TaxJar can begin your enrollment.
- 3rd party access is required for a successful AutoFile enrollment and must be granted, beforehand.
- This article walks you through granting 3rd Party Access to your KY Online Gateway account, step-by-step.