What do I need to enroll in AutoFile for Michigan?
To enroll in AutoFile for Michigan, you'll need the details listed below:
Michigan AutoFile Enrollment FAQ
What's my Payment Schedule?
- This is the filing frequency assigned to you by the Michigan DOR.
- If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can contact the state's DOR and them to confirm this detail for you. (We list contact details for the states here.)
What's my State Registered Business Name?
- This is the business name you provided to the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It should be listed on your sales tax registration paperwork.
What's my State Tax ID?
- This is the state certificate number you received from the state when you registered for your sales tax license.
- It will either be composed of 9 digits or the letters "ME" followed by 9 digits. (Example: '123456789' or 'ME1234567.')
What's my State Login and State Passcode?
- These are the details used to login to your e-file account at the Michigan Treasury Online (MTO) website.
- We have more details about these credentials here.
- Please make sure you create a Business Relationship for your sales tax registration in your MTO e-file account.