Important Information about Returns for Colorado AutoFile Customers
At this time, TaxJar’s AutoFile service for Colorado submits a return for both:
- Destination based Sales Tax Returns
- Local taxes for state-administered cities, counties and districts
You can view a list of Colorado’s state collected cities and counties starting on page 4 of this publication.
You can view a list of Colorado’s home rule cities starting on page 9 of this publication.
TaxJar does NOT currently AutoFile sales tax returns for Colorado’s Home Rule cities.
If you need to file returns for home rule cities, TaxJar will not AutoFile those returns. You will be responsible for submitting those returns and payments.
- AutoFile does not currently support local sales tax returns for home rule cities for remote sellers.
- If you're a remote seller with home rule city tax collected, AutoFile will remit it to the state as 'excess tax collected'.
- We provide guidance on how to use your Colorado TaxJar Report to file manually for home rule cities here and more additional information regarding home rule City returns here on our blog.
We may add support for filing returns for Colorado’s home-rule cities in the future. If you would like to request this feature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in adding this feature to Colorado AutoFile.