How do I register for a sales tax license?
How do I register for a sales tax license, permit, or account with a state?
TaxJar can help you with getting registered for a sales tax permit in one of two ways:
The first option is to let TaxJar handle state registrations for you.
- For $299 a state, the TaxJar team will register in states where you have met economic nexus thresholds and need to collect sales tax from customers.
- Once we have all the necessary information from you, we’ll submit the registration to the requested state(s) within 30 days, keeping you sales tax compliant.
- We cannot complete registrations for customers based outside of the United States at this time.
- We can help with registrations when meeting nexus thresholds due to third-party inventory storage (Amazon FBA) but cannot register for any nexus scenarios involving other types of inventory storage or for nexus caused by employees located in a state.
- Only current TaxJar users are eligible for registration support at this time.
If you'd like to continue with registrations via TaxJar, please sign up here
The second option is to register yourself using this blog post explaining what you need to know in order to register for a sales tax license in each state.