If you are a customer of TaxJar’s API service and a result returned by the service was inaccurate and results in an audit, TaxJar will cover any uncollected sales tax, penalties and interest, resulting from the inaccuracy, up to 2x what you paid TaxJar over the prior 12 months, provided you:
- Had the TaxJar API service properly set up and configured at the time the inaccurate result was returned,
- Notify us within 14 days of first receiving notice of audit and share your audit-related information so that we can help research the situation,
- Allow us to work with the state in case they are wrong (it happens!), to reduce your liability, and you provide reasonable assistance to TaxJar, and
- Reasonably cooperate in limiting your losses after receiving the negative audit finding.
- Cover or reimburse the cost of your filing
- Pay any penalties or interest due to the state as a result of that late filing