Mississippi Sales Tax Filing Update July 2020: Marketplace Facilitator Laws
Mississippi passed a law requiring Marketplaces to collect and remit sales tax on sales facilitated through the marketplace effective July 1, 2020.
• Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Walmart began collecting on July 1, 2020.
We are working with the state to address the following questions for Mississippi:
Our team is investigating to determine how this update will affect sellers and we will update this article with more details as our research team receives more specific confirmation and guidance from the state's DOR as well as the currently supported Marketplace Facilitators.
This article will be updated later in July 2020 with more specific answers for the following questions so please check back soon for more details:
- Do I need to register for a sales tax license in Mississippi?
- I have already registered for a license in Mississippi but and all of my sales are Marketplace-only sales. Should I cancel my existing registration?
- Do I need to collect taxes on my Mississippi sales on other platforms?
- Do I still need to file returns in Mississippi?
- I still need to file returns in Mississippi. How do I do this without paying double tax on the sales that were collected and remitted by my Marketplace?