Should I connect my payment processor to my TaxJar account?
Should I add Square, Stripe or PayPal to my TaxJar account if my cart uses it to process payments?
Weebly.com, Wix.com, WordPress (WooCommerce platform), Shopify, Magento, and other carts allow merchants to use Square, Stripe or PayPal as a payment processor for checkout.
Although Square/PayPal/Stripe process the actual payment, the order itself takes place outside of Square/PayPal/Stripe, which means that most of the order details that our system needs to create accurate Sales Tax Reports will not be stored in the Square/PayPal/Stripe invoice.
- In this scenario, orders placed through your website (such as WordPress, Weebly or Wix) can be imported into TaxJar through our Square/PayPal/Stripe integration.
- Unfortunately, because the order originates on a platform outside of Square/PayPal/Stripe (which have a direct integration with TaxJar), the order information imported into your account will likely be incomplete, resulting in a miss-assignment of numbers or incomplete address details which will affect the accuracy of your TaxJar Reports.
- We do not recommend connecting Square/PayPal/Stripe to your TaxJar account if you are using Square/PayPal/Stripe as a payment processor for a platform that is not listed on the Linked Accounts page.
Should I link my payment processor, cart/website, or both to TaxJar?
If you're using Square, Stripe or PayPal as a payment processor for a website built on a platform that we integrate with directly, we recommend using the direct integration connection to import your cart's orders into TaxJar rather than connecting the payment processor to your TaxJar account.
- However, if you're using Square, Stripe or PayPal as a payment processor for a website built on a platform outside of our direct integrations, we instead recommend that you use the CSV import feature to get your orders into TaxJar rather than connecting the payment processor to your TaxJar account.
- If we don't yet support your cart or platform, please email us directly at email@example.com to request an integration.