Stripe Orders API Deprecation Update
In November 2019, Stripe announced that their Orders API was deprecated and TaxJar's integration with Stripe was built using this API.
As a result of this decision by Stripe, we are discontinuing support for our integration.
In this article
How this affects TaxJar customers using Stripe Orders API:
We recommend confirming that you are using the Orders API for your Stripe transactions and here's how:
- If the answer is no, then you are currently using Stripe via the Subscriptions or for your basic payment processor. This is a mode that we previously did not support downloading transaction history into TaxJar. Therefore, your account is not affected and no changes need to be made.
- If yes, then you are using the Orders API and you will see these calculations become inaccurate as Stripe drops their support for this API.
You do still currently have options to ensure you are getting the most out of what TaxJar has to offer with Stripe via our API!
- For calculations: Use our /v2/taxes the TaxJar API endpoint to ensure you are getting accurate rates that you can then pass into Stripe
- For reporting/filing: Use our /v2/transactions endpoints to sync your orders and refunds into TaxJar
How this affects TaxJar customers using Stripe Subscriptions or Stripe Billing/Payments:
Stripe Subscriptions and Stripe Billing/Payments were not previously supported, so the good news is that you are not affected and no changes need to be made.
- If you're using Stripe Subscriptions with TaxJar, then you've most likely been using Stripe via our API.
- As of October 2020, we're close to opening a Beta integration to support Stripe Subscriptions and Stripe Billing/Payments. We will have more detail soon!